The EDI team at the Offord Centre for Child Studies has published a new resource for those working with the EDI and interested in learning more about the instrument.
The EDI Implementation Toolkit provides a comprehensive overview of the EDI and is intended to help anyone become familiar with the ins and outs of the instrument.
The toolkit includes sections on the following:
- Why the early years matter
- Description of the EDI and its domains and questions
- History of the EDI and where it has been collected
- An overview of the general implementation process
- How to interpret EDI results
- Children with Special Needs
- English Language Learners and French Immersion
- What to do after receiving your EDI data/results and tips for working with the data
- The validity and reliability behind the instrument
Please feel free to share with anyone working with the EDI or those who would like to learn more.